Flashing Southend v Luton score on scoreboard was a distraction, says Stevenage boss
- Credit: Archant
Westley was unhappy that League 2 rivals’ score was shown at the Lamex Stadium BEFORE Boro’s game with Carlisle had ended
Graham Westley says he doesn’t understand why the club flashed the score of another League 2 game on the scoreboard before his side’s match with Carlisle United had ended.
Boro were leading 1-0 against United yesterday when, with five minutes remaining, the score from the Southend United vs Luton Town was put on the Boro scoreboard.
Southend were leading against the Hatters, but when the score was shown at the Lamex Stadium Westley went furious on the touchline.
Afterwards he said: “I don’t understand why a football club concentrates on anything but the game in hand.
You may also want to watch:
“For me nothing matters other than what we’re doing. I don’t like to see things like that. I think it’s the wrong mentality.
“I think you need to concentrate on the job you’re doing and everybody at the football club has to concentrate on the job that’s there to be done.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
“If Luton score a late equaliser and so do Carlisle we sit here having a different conversation. Changing our focus and diverting focus is exactly the way you distract from the job in hand.”