Flame is the spur for Rhythms volunteers as Hitchin festival scoops innovation award
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s Rhythms of the World festival has been hailed for its innovative approach in the Creative Hertfordshire Flame Awards, which celebrate the county’s creative talent.
Regular volunteer Clare Sulch, who picked up the award on behalf of the RotW team, said: “It’s a great honour to receive the award. It recognises the many volunteers and the creative spirit of Rhytyms of the World.
“About 800 people volunteer for the charity, helping in a range of tasks, including building and rigging the festival, on the ticket gate, selling merchandise, creating artwork to decorate the site, co-ordinating our artists in residence, welcoming artists, stewarding, organising parking, providing better disabled access and organising music sessions for older people and dementia care settings.”
The award celebrates not only work done over the festival weekend in July but also the RotW outreach programme, which helps bring music to the whole community.
Clare added: “What makes Rhythms so special for me is the collective effort to produce a festival which showcases music from around the world and around the corner.
You may also want to watch:
“It makes for a wonderful atmosphere where home-grown talent can flourish on a billing with internationally-acclaimed artists.
“We all feel part of something bigger, and each have a role in the organisation’s continuing success. Here’s to Rhythms Of The World 2015.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Find out how you can get involved in the 2015 event at www.rotw.org.uk.