Five suspected class A drug dealers arrested in Stevenage bust
- Credit: Archant
Five suspected class A drug dealers were arrested in Stevenage yesterday afternoon after police carried out a warrant.
The bust, at about 3pm in Bedwell’s Broom Walk, saw officers from Stevenage’s Safer Neighbourhood Team and Operation Scorption force entry and seize what police called “a large amount of drug paraphernalia”.
Four men and a woman were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs, and have been released under investigation.
One man, a 37-year-old from Stevenage, has also been arrested in connection with a shoplifting offence. The other three men are aged 31, 39 and 56 and are from London. The woman is aged 34 and from Stevenage.
Det Insp Chris Treadwell said: “This was another good result with officers acting on intelligence received.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to tackling drug crime in Stevenage and are keen to hear from anyone with information about drug-related activity in the town. We will always deal robustly with those we catch.”
Anyone with information about drug activity or any other crime should contact police on 101 or herts.police.uk/report.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'