Five friends in Tough Guy challenge
FIVE friends completed the gruelling Tough Guy challenge, crawling under barbed wire, running through electric-charged tenticle fencing and swimming beneath logs in freezing cold water.
Tracey Beatty, Hayley Long, Melanie Meldrum, Mark Dunleavy and Andrew Farmer are all members of Stevenage Real Bootcamp - a slimming and toning club set up by Tracey three years ago and based at Chells Park.
They decided to take on the Tough Guy challenge in Wolverhampton - an obstacle course which organisers call “the safest most dangerous event in the world”.
For four hours last Sunday they crawled under barbed wire, ran through fire, ran for miles, climbed 100ft cargo netting, jumped in and out of freezing cold water, climbed through tyres and tunnels underground, crawled through dark torture chambers and ran through electric-charged tenticle fencing.
Hayley suffered hypothermia, but the group have said they intend to enter again next year.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey, 49, said: “You have to be a bit mad to do it. It’s the toughest thing I have had to do.
“I was frightened of going over the top of the cargo nets because my fingers were frozen and I had no feeling in my hands.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
“It’s the most frightening thing I have ever done, and I’ve done some things in my time - I’m an ex body builder and I used to compete in kick boxing.”
For more information about Tough Guy, visit www.toughguy.co.uk