Five charged in burglary crackdown operation
FIVE people have been arrested and charged in connection with a string of burglaries, some of which happened in Hitchin.
Last Sunday, officers from Beds and Herts executed a search warrant at an address in Luton, where they discovered goods suspected to be linked to the nine burglaries.
Five have been charged with conspiracy to commit burglary.
DCI Tannis Perks, who led on Operation Scorpion, said: “This operation demonstrates our determination to target burglars relentlessly and drive down crime.
“Burglary is low in Hertfordshire so it is important that we are also vigilant about criminals coming into the county. Where criminals are coming into Hertfordshire from other counties we are working with neighbouring forces to make the county a hostile place for them to operate.”
You may also want to watch:
The people charged are:
• Ion Oprea, 38, of Havelock Road, Luton, who appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on November 16 and was remanded into custody.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
• Stelica Ciobotaru, 45, of Hightown Road, Luton, who appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on November 16 and was remanded into custody.
• Radu Bogdan, 22, of Havelock Road, Luton, who appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on November 16 and was remanded into custody.
• Ianos Bencze, 21, of Havelock Road, Luton, who appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on November 16 and was remanded into custody.
• Maria Mitrofan, 24, of Hightown Road, Luton, who was bailed to return to St Albans Crown Court on November 21.