Five cars damaged in spate of late-night vandalism in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Five parked cars were vandalised in Letchworth over the weekend – and police have now appealed for witnesses.
The incidents took place between 9pm on Saturday and 10am on Sunday in Jarden and Kyrkeby.
A Citroen Picasso in Jarden also had its wing mirrors damaged.
The other cars targeted were a blue Land Rover, a black Mercedes and a Mazda 5 in Jarden and a blue Ford Mondeo on Kyrkeby.
PC Pete Cook, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on Saturday evening or overnight into Sunday to get in touch.
“If your vehicle has been damaged and you have not yet reported it to police, please do so.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting the relevant crime number.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 4 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 5 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 8 Hitchin widower's wing walk in wife's memory
- 9 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 10 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
The crime number for the incident involving the Citroen Picasso is G2/16/2220. The Land Rover is G2/16/2217, the Mondeo is G2/16/2216, the Mercedes is G2/16/2240 and the Mazda is G2/16/2239.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.