Five arrested in Stevenage and Hitchin after burglary spate
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
FIVE people have been arrested on suspicion of burglary after a spate of tool thefts.
More than 100 tools that are suspected to be stolen were seized by officers during a search at a property in Stevenage last month.
Three men from Stevenage, aged 19, 29 and 52, were arrested on suspicion of burglary, along with a 31-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman from Hitchin.
All five have been released on bail to return to Stevenage Police Station on September 6.
Police are now asking people who have had tools stolen recently, particularly in the areas of Stevenage, North Herts and just over the border in Bedfordshire, to check the photos to see if they recognise any of the items.
You may also want to watch:
Items include drills, saws and tool bags.
Detective constable Amy Brewer, who is investigating, said: “If you recognise any of these tools and believe they may have been stolen from you, please contact us on 101 quoting the crime reference number E1/13/3059.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
“We will seek to return these items once appropriate inquiries have been made to confirm the claim is genuine. We are determined to reunite these items with their rightful owners.”
To view the items, search ‘Herts Police’ on social networking website Facebook and click on ‘photos’.