Five arrested in Stevenage and Hitchin after burglary spate
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
FIVE people have been arrested on suspicion of burglary after a spate of tool thefts.
More than 100 tools that are suspected to be stolen were seized by officers during a search at a property in Stevenage last month.
Three men from Stevenage, aged 19, 29 and 52, were arrested on suspicion of burglary, along with a 31-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman from Hitchin.
All five have been released on bail to return to Stevenage Police Station on September 6.
Police are now asking people who have had tools stolen recently, particularly in the areas of Stevenage, North Herts and just over the border in Bedfordshire, to check the photos to see if they recognise any of the items.
Items include drills, saws and tool bags.
Detective constable Amy Brewer, who is investigating, said: “If you recognise any of these tools and believe they may have been stolen from you, please contact us on 101 quoting the crime reference number E1/13/3059.
- 1 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 2 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 3 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 4 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 5 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 6 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 7 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 10 Captain uses his head but Stevenage make win over Rochdale harder than it should have been
“We will seek to return these items once appropriate inquiries have been made to confirm the claim is genuine. We are determined to reunite these items with their rightful owners.”
To view the items, search ‘Herts Police’ on social networking website Facebook and click on ‘photos’.