Five arrested in police raids
POLICE raids in North Herts and Mid Beds this morning (Wednesday) have led to five arrests and the recovery of a large hoard of stolen goods.
In a sting which involved 100 officers, 16 search warrants were executed in Letchworth GC, Hitchin, Baldock, Stotfold and Newnham.
High-value pedal cycles and a quad bike were among the items seized during raids at nine homes and seven lock-ups and garages.
The raids formed part of Operation Scorpion, which tackles burglars, robbers, vehicle thieves and related drug crime.
Those arrested were three men from Letchworth GC, aged 22, 23 and 37, and a 32-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman from Stotfold.
You may also want to watch:
All five were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal.
Detective Inspector Kay Lancaster said: “It’s going to have a massive impact on crime reduction within Hertfordshire, without a doubt.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
“Numerous pedal cycles, a quad bike and other items traditionally stored in sheds and garages have been recovered.
“Since April we have had an increase in this type of offence – certainly in Letchworth, Hitchin and Baldock.”