Five arrested as police swoop on criminals and illegal drivers in North Herts
A CAMPAIGN targeting criminals and illegal drivers produced results in Comet country yesterday (Wednesday). The Operation Sentinel intercept team, which makes use of automatic number plate recognition technology, was out in force in North Herts and made f
A CAMPAIGN targeting criminals and illegal drivers produced results in Comet country yesterday (Wednesday).
The Operation Sentinel intercept team, which makes use of automatic number plate recognition technology, was out in force in North Herts and made five arrests for offences including possession of Class A drugs and making off without payment.
A 20-year-old man from Letchworth GC was arrested on suspicion of breaching a court order, theft from a motor vehicle, theft from a shop and making off with a pedal cycle. He has been released on police bail until September 26.
A man aged 23 and from Letchworth GC came to the attention of officers after his vehicle showed no insurance, and was arrested for immigration offences. He is currently in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Luton was arrested on suspicion of making off from a service station in Essex without paying. He was released with a caution.
A 31-year-old from Letchworth GC was arrested and charged with shoplifting and is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates' Court on August 26.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
A 37-year-old man from Letchworth GC was arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs and has been released on bail until September 21.
Four vehicles were seized and seven fixed penalty notices were issued.