First phase of Letchworth town centre consultation complete
A CONSULTATION on the future of a town centre has been completed with planners now tasked with using the feedback to come up with potential blueprints.
The first phase of the Letchworth GC town centre consultation is over after seven months of collecting views, ideas and suggestions for the long-term regeneration of The Wynd and wider town centre. Residents and visitors to the town have had their say by visiting an exhibition shop in The Arcade, attending workshops, going on a walking audit, returning comment cards and adding posts to the online forum.
There have also been school visits, an opportunity to contribute views at a number of community events and presentations to local clubs and societies.
Allies and Morrison Urban Practitioners, the Heritage Foundation’s master planners, will now interpret the information to formulate ‘option plans’ to be presented for further consultation in the autumn.
Adrian Brace, the Heritage Foundation’s director of property, said: “We are very pleased that so many people have embraced the consultation process, giving up their time to take part in workshops, walking audits and to attend the exhibition shop.
You may also want to watch:
“The options will again be opened up for discussion and we really want to hear from as many people as possible. If you haven’t shared your views yet, it’s not too late, please look out for further opportunities later in the year.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright