First of 40 upgraded trains introduced by First Capital Connect
- Credit: Archant
The first of 40 upgraded First Capital Connect trains serving the Great Northern route came into service last week.
Upgrades to the trains, which will travel through Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth GC and Baldock on the line between London King’s Cross and Peterborough, Cambridge, and King’s Lynn, include new seat covers and flooring.
It is planned that the rest of the refurbished trains will come into service in phases over the next couple of years to guarantee train availability at any one time.
From this spring, there will be further improvements to the upgraded trains to ensure they comply with disability regulations.
David Statham, First Capital Connect’s managing director, said: “The upgraded train looks and feels like a new train and I am delighted our passengers can enjoy a more comfortable and modern travel environment.
You may also want to watch:
“This major upgrade provides better, brighter, new look trains, and will soon include enhanced accessibility features and improved on-board information.”
North East Herts MP Oliver Heald said: “It is very good news that First Capital Connect is upgrading their trains. It will make the journeys of my constituents more comfortable and this will particularly benefit commuters. I look forward to travelling in one myself.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket