First Christmas Tree Festival Comes to Stevenage
A CHRISTMAS tree festival is to be held in Stevenage for the first time. The Rotary Club of Stevenage, in partnership with Holy Trinity Church on High Street in Stevenage and the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC, will be holding the festival from Dec
A CHRISTMAS tree festival is to be held in Stevenage for the first time.
The Rotary Club of Stevenage, in partnership with Holy Trinity Church on High Street in Stevenage and the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC, will be holding the festival from December 7 to 13.
It is hoped schools, voluntary groups and companies will help to reach the target of 50 trees in order to create a spectacular atmosphere at the Holy Trinity Church.
There is no charge for entering a tree, but participants will need to supply their own trees and collect them after the festival.
All money raised from the event will be divided between The Rotary Club of Stevenage, Holy Trinity Church, and Garden House Hospice.
For more information about the festival, write to Stevenage Christmas Tree Festival Committee, 12 The Grange, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 3WA.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
- 10 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage