First Capital Connect announces partnership with Stevenage FC
- Credit: Archant
First Capital Connect has teamed up with a football club to provide fans with limited special offers.
The train operator announced a partnership scheme with Stevenage FC last week which organisers say will see fans benefit in the coming months.
First Capital Connect’s Customer Service Director Keith Jipps said: “Our fares at the weekend are perfect for football fans and this is made even better with our GroupSave discount offers where three or four fans can travel for the price of two.
“This is an exciting partnership for us as we both strive to improve the football day out experience for fans of the club.”
Stevenage FC Chief Executive, Barry Webber said: “As a football club we understand and realise that a huge proportion of fans up and down the country travel by train, so for us to be able to help our fans get into Stevenage through our partnership with First Captial Connect, I think it’s fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
A Super Off-Peak return ticket from Hitchin or Letchworth GC to Stevenage costs £2.50. The same ticket from Biggleswade costs £4.00.
A spokesman said: “Fans should look out for further announcements in the coming months from both parties about special offers and fan benefits.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'