First Capital Connect announce revised timetable amid train delays
A REVISED timetable has been put in place by First Capital Connect tonight (Tuesday) amid continuing problems with overhead lines between Stevenage and Hitchin.
A train will leave every half an hour in both directions on the London King’s Cross to Peterborough service, calling at Knebworth, Stevenage, Hitchin and Arlesey.
There will also be two trains an hour in both directions on the Moorgate to Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City services via Hertford North, stopping at all stations enroute.
Those travelling between Letchworth GC and Cambridge can also board a train every half hour.
Rail replacement buses are in place at Stevenage, Letchworth GC and Hitchin railway stations, for those travelling between the three towns.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for FCC said: “We’re very sorry for the continued disruption to our services following problems with the overhead power lines in Hitchin.
“In a quickly changing environment we’ve done our best to keeep customers up-to-date with accurate information, have sent more than 1,000 tweets and have put together a revised timetable.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
For exact timings for all services visit www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/announcement or click on the link at the top right of the page.