Firefighters tackle two blazes in Stevenage
A CAR fire which started in the early hours of yesterday (Tuesday) morning is being investigated as a possible arson attack. Two fire crews were called to London Road in Stevenage just after 2am to reports of a car ablaze on the road. Firefighters used br
A CAR fire which started in the early hours of yesterday (Tuesday) morning is being investigated as a possible arson attack.
Two fire crews were called to London Road in Stevenage just after 2am to reports of a car ablaze on the road.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus to tackle the fire, which took more than half an hour to extinguish.
The cause has been noted as doubtful, which means arson is a possibility.
You may also want to watch:
Also yesterday morning, four fire crews attended a flat fire in Claymores, Stevenage, shortly before 12.30am.
A second floor flat was well alight and firefighters used breathing apparatus and two jets to tackle the blaze.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
The fire took almost an hour to extinguish and firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to check the loft space.
One person was involved but not injured, and the cause was noted as accidental.