Firefighters tackle blaze in Knebworth home after dishwasher catches fire

Firefighters were called to Charlton Road in Hitchin last night after an aerosol exploded on a bonfi

Firefighters were called to Charlton Road in Hitchin last night after an aerosol exploded on a bonfire and hit a man in the face. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a blaze in a Knebworth home yesterday evening after a dishwasher caught fire.

One crew from Stevenage and another from Welwyn Garden City attended the scene in Kerr Close at about 6.30pm.

The firefighters discovered the blaze had started from a dishwasher in the kitchen and wore breathing apparatus as they put it out.

A fire service spokesman said there was smoke damage in the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter