Firefighters tackle accidental blaze in Hitchin town centre

Firefighters tackled a grill fire in Hitchin town centre last night. Picture: Danny Loo

Firefighters tackled a grill fire in Hitchin town centre last night. Picture: Danny Loo - Credit: Archant

Firefighters last night tackled a fire at a food premises in Hitchin town centre, with a flat upstairs evacuated.

Two crews from Hitchin fire station were called to Churchyard at 1.51am, with the blaze located in a grill.

The firefighters put the fire out using a hosereel by 2.30am, and the site was ventilated. There were no casualties reported.

A fire service spokesman said the fire was listed as accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter