Firefighters tackle accidental blaze in Hitchin town centre

PUBLISHED: 10:04 06 July 2018

Firefighters tackled a grill fire in Hitchin town centre last night. Picture: Danny Loo

Firefighters tackled a grill fire in Hitchin town centre last night. Picture: Danny Loo

Danny Loo Photography 2017

Firefighters last night tackled a fire at a food premises in Hitchin town centre, with a flat upstairs evacuated.

Two crews from Hitchin fire station were called to Churchyard at 1.51am, with the blaze located in a grill.

The firefighters put the fire out using a hosereel by 2.30am, and the site was ventilated. There were no casualties reported.

A fire service spokesman said the fire was listed as accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Comet. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the The Comet