Fire ‘could have involved numerous historic buildings in Hitchin’
- Credit: Archant
A fire which broke out in the roof of a domestic property in Hitchin was prevented from spreading thanks to ‘aggressive intervention’ from fire crews.
Firefighters from Hitchin, Baldock and Stevenage fire stations tackled the blaze in a building in Silver Court at 1.44am yesterday.
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service station commander James Rossano Bull praised the work of the fire crews on Twitter.
He said: "Rapid and aggressive intervention from crews to make a great stop on this fire within a common roof void.
"Prevented spread which could have involved numerous historic buildings in Hitchin."
You may also want to watch:
The crews used four sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a covering jet to extinguish the fire.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Singers make positive change by renaming choir