Firefighters called to Stevenage and Hitchin after 20 properties flooded overnight
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to 20 properties across the Stevenage and Hitchin area overnight due to flooding.
Crews received their first call shortly after midnight, and were alerted to 19 more incidents where water had flooded a property within 45 minutes.
The majority of the call outs related to Stevenage, with properties in the following roads affected: Durham Road, Kymswell Road, Ramsdell (two), Mildmay Road, Homestead Road, Penn Road, Weston Road, Grace Way, Brick Kiln Road, Roebuck Gate, Blair Close, Canterbury Way, and Broadwater Farm in London Road (three).
Firefighters were also called to Old Knebworth Lane in Knebworth, Meadow Close in Datchworth, and Keats Way and Newtons Way, both in Hitchin.
In total, the Herts Fire and Rescue Service dealt with 150 calls overnight across the county.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you been badly affected by the flooding? If so, call the news desk on 01438 866200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed