Fire crews tackle blazes in Hitchin and Stevenage

FIRE crews were called to two separate house fires in Stevenage and Hitchin yesterday evening (Monday).

Crews first attended a fire at a property in Jessop Road, Stevenage. It was after a tumble dryer caught alight.

They were then called to a fire at a house in Trevor Road, Hitchin, after reports that the kitchen was ablaze.

Crews from Stevenage and Hitchin attended, with both fires out by 7pm.

No-one was hurt in either incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter