Fire crews tackle blaze at a farm in Baldock
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a blaze at a farm last night (Monday).
The call came in just after 11.30pm after a fire broke out at Halfway Farm on Bygrave Road, Baldock.
Crews were at the scene by 11.40pm, two crews from Stevenage, two from Baldock and the incident support unit from Hitchin attended a barn measuring 20 metres by 20 metres containing straw.
Police officers also attended the incident to close the road.
The area was well alight and crews tried to stop the fire spreading to other buildings in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was allowed to burn out under controlled circumstances.
Crews were dampening down the area, and the incident was dealt with by 7.01am this morning (Tuesday).
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
The fire was accidental.