Fire crews rescue Stevenage resident from first floor flat

Firefighters were called to a flat in Stevenage to rescue a person suffering smoke inhalation caused

Firefighters were called to a flat in Stevenage to rescue a person suffering smoke inhalation caused by cooking. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters rescued a person from a flat when it became heavily smoke-logged from cooking.

Crews from Stevenage and Hitchin attended a first floor flat on Blakeney Road in Stevenage at 2.40pm on Saturday.

The resident was removed from the flat, suffering smoke inhalation, and was given oxygen.

The flat was ventilated and the fire crews left the scene just after 3.15pm.