Fire crews help casualty to safety after blaze breaks out in kitchen of Stevenage home

Fire crews extinguished a house fire in Hatfield

Fire crews extinguished a house fire in Hatfield - Credit: Archant

Firefighters from Stevenage and St Albans put out a fire in a kitchen at a property in Brick Kiln Road in Stevenage shortly before 11am this morning.

Crews were called to the scene at 10.45am and helped one casualty from the property. They were treated for smoke inhalation and then taken to the Lister Hospital by ambulance.

Crews used hoses to put out the blaze which started in an extractor fan in the kitchen and then used fans to ventilate the house.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter