Film stars come to Knebworth
FAMOUS actors have been rubbing shoulders with villagers as a feature film is shot on location in Comet country. Love/Loss is a thoughtful and romantic 90-minute film shot in and around Knebworth in which a chance meeting reunites childhood sweethearts 60
FAMOUS actors have been rubbing shoulders with villagers as a feature film is shot on location in Comet country.
Love/Loss is a thoughtful and romantic 90-minute film shot in and around Knebworth in which a chance meeting reunites childhood sweethearts 60 years on.
BAFTA-winning actors Virginia McKenna, best known for Born Free, and Keith Michell, of The Six Wives of Henry VIII, star alongside Diana Quick, from Brideshead Revisited, Geoffrey Whitehead, whose credits include Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson, Patricia Brake who played Fletcher's daughter in Porridge, and Strictly Come Dancing judge Len Goodman.
Documentary-maker Guy Daniels, a resident in neighbouring Woolmer Green, wrote the script and is also directing the film. His wife, Gitte, is producing.
She said: "People have really been excited, it's really created a buzz.
"Guy is loving it! It's really hard work and we're putting in extraordinary hours."
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
Jean Masham, manager at the QVM charity shop on London Road in Knebworth, said it was great fun having the cast filming there for a day.
Playing an extra at the back of the scene, Jean said: "Virginia McKenna's character was working in the charity shop and a man came in with flowers."
Scenes were also shot in Coasters caf� in Knebworth's high street on Sunday.
One onlooker who spotted the filming said: "There was a real buzz about the place, it was very usual to see such stars in our midst.