Film made by Arlesey-based Kingdom Creative about Porsche’s 24 Hours at Le Mans victory wins award at London Motor Film Festival
- Credit: Archant
An Arlesey film production firm run by an erstwhile saloon car racing champion was among the winners at the London Motor Film Festival on Friday night.
Kingdom Creative – headed up by 2001 British Touring Car champ Simon Harrison – won the best event film category for its movie Finally 18, about Porsche’s victory at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans race.
And Simon, whose firm also had films nominated for best drama and best documentary, told the Comet afterwards that the victory marked a massive step up.
“It’s going to make a big difference for us,” said Simon.
“It’s the most prestigious awards specifically for our industry.”
You may also want to watch:
The title of Finally 18 refers to the fact that Porsche’s victory in June was its 18th – the most for any constructor. Kingdom Creative has been in the pit with Porsche ever since the German carmaker returned to Le Mans in 2014 after 16 years away.
“We’re a little company on a farm at the edge of Arlesey, and they picked us up over all the companies they could have in Germany,” said Simon.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
“One of our specialities is working very efficiently. We send out a team of three people and they film and edit on site.
“It’s almost alarming how fast our guys work. The race finishes at 3pm and we can have the film done at 6pm.
“There’s very few companies in the world that can do that. We’re a bit unique in that we have all our own staff, a full-time line-up. That means we all know each other and it helps us work efficiently.
“The other factor is how much planning we put in. We know exactly what we’re going to do.
“We get to do some amazing stuff and go all over the place. Being in pit with Porsche at Le Mans, the greatest motor race on the planet, it’s just incredible.
“We’ve filmed rallies across Africa, rallies across the Arctic – we’ve filmed on every continent – but Le Mans is the highlight of everybody’s year, so to win this award for that is pretty cool.”
To watch the film see kingdom-creative.co.uk/video/porsche-finally-18.