Film crews return to Letchworth for The World’s End
FILM crews are back in Letchworth GC today (Wednesday) as more scenes are shot for The World’s End.
Moviemakers will descended on the town this afternoon for the start of a scheduled three-week period of filming.
The movie, which stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine, centres on an epic pub crawl and has so far seen a number of newly-named drinking establishments pop up in the town centre.
Minor restrictions will be in place across the town as filming progresses, with road closures and traffic flow management to be overseen by Hertfordshire Highways.
Parking will be suspended from 1pm on Tuesday, November 20, in the Arena Parade car park and nearby bays in Arena Parade and Eastcheap.
It will be the third separate period of filming, following dates in September and two days at the end of October.
North Herts District Council has been liasing with the production team during filming and strategic director of customer services John Robinson said: “There was a real buzz around Letchworth on the two days the film crew were here at the end of October, and it has the potential to be a real boost to the town in the longer term.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash