Filipe Morais seeking a move away from the Lamex
- Credit: Archant
FILIPE MORIAS has told Stevenage that he wants to leave the club, according to Graham Westley.
The Portuguese midfielder has reportedly received interest from Championship clubs Blackburn Rovers and Leeds United, although no formal bids have been made.
Speaking today, Westley said: “[Filipe] wants to move to pastures new. There’s some Championship level interest in him so we’ll see.”
Morais scored in both of Stevenage’s opening games this season, but was left out of the squad for the Orient game.
The 27-year-old moved to Boro after 60 appearances for the Oldham Athletic when his contract came to an end. He also had spells at Chelsea, Millwall, St Johnstone, Hibernian and Inverness Caledonian Thistle
You may also want to watch:
The former Portugal U21 international signed a three-year deal at The Lamex last year.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed