Fighting against prostate cancer one swing at a time
- Credit: Archant
The junior captain at Chesfield Downs golf club will be hosting an event to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK.
After his grandad’s battle with the disease, James Wilson from Stotfold has organised a junior captains day, which features an 18-hole competition. Prizes will be awarded for the longest drive, nearest the pin and overall team winners.
The event will cost £25 per person – in teams of four – which includes breakfast roll and coffee before an 8am start. Following the tournament there will be a carvery lunch, raffle and silent auction.
Raffle prizes include a hot air balloon flight, and rounds of golf at prestigious venues such as Woburn, Brocket Hall and Hanbury Manor.
The day takes place on July 21 at Chesfield Downs Golf Club near Graveley.
You may also want to watch:
James, 17, is also looking for business sponsorships. Anyone interested in taking part, sponsoring, or to donate prizes should call Jo Wilson on 07769 905518.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision