Festival-goers ready for Eastern Electrics and Standon Calling
- Credit: Archant
FESTIVAL-GOERS will descend on Knebworth and Standon today (Friday) as hundreds of music acts take to the stage.
The Eastern Electrics Festival is being held in the grounds of Knebworth House for the first time with the campsite opening at midday today.
More than 100 electro and dance acts will feature over the three-day event, which is expected to pull in crowds of around 20,000.
Access for day ticket holders is from 2pm and last entry is at midnight, before the arena closes at 6am.
Tomorrow’s opening time is 2pm, with last entry at midnight.
You may also want to watch:
While on Sunday the festival site again opens at 2pm, although last entry is at 8pm for a 10pm finish.
For details about road closures surrounding A1(M) junction 7 and Stevenage, as well as police dispersal orders in place, click on the links at the top right of the page.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Today also sees the start of Standon Calling, a festival held in the village of Standon to the east of Stevenage.
The car park opens at 11am before gates are opened at midday.
The festival, which this year has a theme of ‘Running Away From The Circus’, sees Digitalism and Bastille take to the main stage tonight, before Saturday headliners are Band of Skulls before De La Soul bring the event to a close on Sunday.
For more information about line-ups for both festivals click on our round-up on the right hand side of the page.