Felix’s fantastic Farley’s flattered by favourable first in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A business labelled the coolest and friendliest spot in Hitchin is celebrating after winning The Comet’s coveted 2015 Salon of the Year award.
Farley’s Hair Salon Emporium, in Hermitage Road, triumphed in our keenly-contested competition after a large public vote in its favour.
However, it’s not just their highly-hailed haircuts and brilliant beard trims which have won the public’s favour – it’s the overall ambience of Farley’s which also attracted huge popular support from readers.
Whether it’s the bold colours and stylish retro-kitsch of the salon’s decor or the interesting and unusual artefacts collected by owner Felix Camfield-Walker and his team, Farley’s has something for everyone, young and old, bearded hipster or the short back-and-sides aficionado.
“I’m flattered,” said Felix, reflecting on the award.
You may also want to watch:
“I have to say a big thank you to all our customers, and to everyone who voted for us and their kind words and support.
“It’s an honour to win The Comet’s coveted Salon of the Year competition.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
“We’re so proud Farley’s has proved to be such a success. Hitchin is known for its community and we’re a community salon – it’s a place to get your hair cut and coloured, to find out what’s going on in town, to make new friends and to just hang out.
“At the risk of sounding gushy, Farley’s would be nothing without our customers and friends so thank you all for continuing to come to us – and thanks to The Comet for this award too. Much love to you all.”
Community-minded Felix is also a keen student of the town’s history as he recently set up a Twitter account called Historic Hitchin on which he tweets old pictures celebrating the town’s rich architectural heritage.
He explained: “The idea of evocative lost buildings is a popular one as the account has nearly 1,000 followers already – which shows us the huge interest people have of iconic images.”
It’s a fitting notion – a modern Hitchin icon paying tribute to many from the past.
To book call 01462 421221. To learn more about Farley’s Hair Salon follow them on Twitter @felixfarleys and for images of Hitchin’s past view the @HistoricHitchin account.