Feed Up Warm Up set to distribute sleep pods to the homeless across three counties
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage and Hitchin-based homelessness charity has teamed up with Sleep Pod, and will represent Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire in the distribution of the weather-resistant pods.
Feed Up Warm Up and Sleep Pod's partnership will officially launch next week, and volunteers will be distributing them across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
FUWU founder Shane Cole told the Comet: "The pods are like triangular tunnels insulated with the same sort of material that you'd get in a hot bag.
"It can withstand temperatures as low as -5°C. The company that designed and makes them, based in Bristol, got in touch with us over Facebook to wanted to know if we'd be interested in a charity partnership.
"We went over to Bristol to look at the product and we decided we would be charity partners, which means we will be the official distributors for Herts, Beds and Cambs."
You may also want to watch:
As well as this recent partnership, the team are working towards setting up one of their weekly drop-ins in Hatfield to run along their already successful Stevenage and Hitchin drop-ins.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal