Fearnhill: phenomenal progress
The head at Fearnhill School praised his students for phenomenal progress in this year s GCSE exam results. Jed Whelan praised pupils for their hard work at the Letchworth school where they achieved a 45 per cent pass rate in the 5 grade A* to C range
The head at Fearnhill School praised his students for "phenomenal progress" in this year's GCSE exam results.
Jed Whelan praised pupils for their hard work at the Letchworth school where they achieved a 47 per cent pass rate in the 5 grade A* to C range with maths and English.
He said: "We are delighted to celebrate the individual success of Simon Burrows, Lara Hirst and Jamie Pitts who all gained straight A* or A grades in all their subjects.
"However we would also like to acknowledge the individual successes of all our students who have worked incredibly hard to achieve their grades.
You may also want to watch:
"For some of these students the grades may appear modest but actually they represent phenomenal progress. We are so proud of all our students and we would like to thank the staff and parents for the support they have given to them.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell