Father and daughter from Baldock run for Macmillan Cancer Support today
- Credit: Archant
A FATHER and his eight-year-old daughter will take part in a 10k run to raise funds for charity.
Trevor and Izzy Collett will run for Macmillan Cancer Support on June 16 in the Regents Park 10k run.
Trevor, from Baldock, said: “I have unfortunately lost close family members to cancer over recent years. It is something that probably affects every one of us at some stage in our lives. The support from Macmillan has been exceptional so I guess it is time to give a little back.”
The 38-year-old said his daughter, who goes to Hartsfield JMI Primary School in Baldock, wanted to take part after she lost her great-granddad a few years back to cancer.
He said: “I have completed several runs over recent years to raise money for good causes, and this time round my daughter asked if she could complete a run with me. I asked her who she would like to run for, with no hesitation she said ‘can we do something in memory of granddad’.”
You may also want to watch:
Trevor and Izzy would like to raise £250. Donate at www.justgiving.com/trevor-collett
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction