Farman up for the cup but Stevenage stopper knows improvement is needed
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Stevenage goalkeeper Paul Farman is eyeing a win in the first round of the Carabao Cup when Boro face Southend United at the Lamex tonight, but he knows they must improve after a poor start in League Two.
Boro will be in for a tough test when they face the League One side, but Farman is determined to win, and knows the club need to get a victory under their belt after losing their first two league games.
Speaking to CometSport, Farman said: "It's a game we want to win.
"We want to get a win under out belt, then we can build on that.
"We want to better what we did on Saturday. Score more goals, create more chances, keep a clean sheet.
You may also want to watch:
"We can't make it out too long, but we have to get better quicker.
"It needs to be improved from goalkeeper to the two boys up front. It's something that we are working on.
- 1 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 2 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 3 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 4 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 5 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 6 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 7 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 8 Council leader reacts to recent stabbings in Stevenage
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Police station evacuated after explosive device handed in
"It's a work in progress and I promise you we are working hard behind the scenes. The boys are really grafting."