Farman up for the cup but Stevenage stopper knows improvement is needed
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Stevenage goalkeeper Paul Farman is eyeing a win in the first round of the Carabao Cup when Boro face Southend United at the Lamex tonight, but he knows they must improve after a poor start in League Two.
Boro will be in for a tough test when they face the League One side, but Farman is determined to win, and knows the club need to get a victory under their belt after losing their first two league games.
Speaking to CometSport, Farman said: "It's a game we want to win.
"We want to get a win under out belt, then we can build on that.
"We want to better what we did on Saturday. Score more goals, create more chances, keep a clean sheet.
You may also want to watch:
"We can't make it out too long, but we have to get better quicker.
"It needs to be improved from goalkeeper to the two boys up front. It's something that we are working on.
- 1 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 5 Road closed between Stevenage and Watton due to floods
- 6 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 7 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 8 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Council warns of 'extremely high infection rate' in Stevenage ward
"It's a work in progress and I promise you we are working hard behind the scenes. The boys are really grafting."