Fans of Grand Designs can get their hands on Aston Water Tower at auction
- Credit: Archant
A disused water tower in Aston will go to auction as an investment opportunity.
Aston Water Tower on Aston End Road is among 170 lots in the auction being held by Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers at Chelmsford City Racecourse on September 9, with a freehold guide price of £60,000 to £65,000.
Auctioneer Paul Bridgeman said: "The concrete water tower stands on a relatively square parcel of land of 0.17 acres and has views towards open countryside. It has potential for alternative uses, subject to all the necessary consents being obtainable.
"The land and structure are currently let to EE and BT for telephone masts at £9,000 per annum.
"EE holds a commercial lease which is holding over at a current rental of £7,500 per annum.
You may also want to watch:
"BT has served a Notice to Quit, which expires towards the end of 2019, and is paying £1,500 per annum."
For more, visit cliveemson.co.uk.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'