Famous footballer’s son-in-law dies after eating corned beef sandwich
THE son-in-law of former footballer and TV presenter Bob Wilson died from a rare form of food poising after eating a corned beef sandwich, an inquest heard this week.
Mitchell Carey, of Knebworth, suffered multiple organ failure after contracting clostridium perfringens type A.
The communications director collapsed just 25 minutes after eating the sandwich and was rushed to Lister Hospital in Stevenage last summer.
He was discharged and the following day he visited his GP but later collapsed and was taken back to the hospital where he died on August 18 from multiple organ failure.
It was originally thought that the father-of-two had become ill after stepping on a sea urchin while holidaying in Greece.
You may also want to watch:
Coroner Edward Thomas returned a narrative verdict, at Hatfield Coroner’s Court on Tuesday.
He is survived by his second wife Debbie and children Dylan, nine, and Euan, seven.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision