Family’s 15st loss is Stagenhoe’s gain
A FAMILY who appeared on a TV weight loss show have been shedding plenty of pounds in the last six months but aren’t the only ones to profit.
Following a rigorous and life-changing nine-week fitness regime as part of Sky1’s Fat Families in February, Linda Haddrell and family members Eileen, Sarah and Matt have since lost a combined weight of 15st 10lbs.
Linda, 59, has had a little extra motivation though with another goal - raising money for the Sue Ryder Care run Stagenhoe Park care centre in St Paul’s Warden, just outside Hitchin.
Linda’s husband, Terry, has lived at the care home, which looks after residents with conditions such as Parkinson’s MS and Huntingdon’s disease, for the last three and a half years, so she knows first hand how the healthcare charity will benefit.
“The programme was a ‘life change’ not just a weight loss programme and it presented a brilliant opportunity to raise vital funds for everyone at Stagenhoe,” said Linda, who presented a cheque for �710 to Stagenhoe last week after completing a charity bike ride.
Staff at the care centre have described Linda’s transformation as “amazing” although Linda’s philosophy is simple.
She added: “Move more and eat less!”
- 1 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 2 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 7 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 8 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
Elliott Port, fundraiser at Sue Ryder Care, said: “We are delighted that Linda has chosen to put her sponsorship towards our physiotherapy and recreational departments.
“As you can imagine, this is a great lift for all concerned.”