Family’s 15st loss is Stagenhoe’s gain
A FAMILY who appeared on a TV weight loss show have been shedding plenty of pounds in the last six months but aren’t the only ones to profit.
Following a rigorous and life-changing nine-week fitness regime as part of Sky1’s Fat Families in February, Linda Haddrell and family members Eileen, Sarah and Matt have since lost a combined weight of 15st 10lbs.
Linda, 59, has had a little extra motivation though with another goal - raising money for the Sue Ryder Care run Stagenhoe Park care centre in St Paul’s Warden, just outside Hitchin.
Linda’s husband, Terry, has lived at the care home, which looks after residents with conditions such as Parkinson’s MS and Huntingdon’s disease, for the last three and a half years, so she knows first hand how the healthcare charity will benefit.
“The programme was a ‘life change’ not just a weight loss programme and it presented a brilliant opportunity to raise vital funds for everyone at Stagenhoe,” said Linda, who presented a cheque for �710 to Stagenhoe last week after completing a charity bike ride.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the care centre have described Linda’s transformation as “amazing” although Linda’s philosophy is simple.
She added: “Move more and eat less!”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
Elliott Port, fundraiser at Sue Ryder Care, said: “We are delighted that Linda has chosen to put her sponsorship towards our physiotherapy and recreational departments.
“As you can imagine, this is a great lift for all concerned.”