Family pays moving tribute to Stevenage’s Peter Shickle as two appear in court charged with his murder
- Credit: Archant
The family of murdered Stevenage man Peter Shickle have paid moving tribute to him after his death on Sunday.
The body of the 58-year-old was discovered in Silam Road, Stevenage on Sunday.
His family said: “Peter Shickle was father to two daughters Karla and Lauren whom he loved dearly. He also had two older brothers John and Paul.
“Peter, also known as Shicks, had many friends and would often be seen socialising down his local pub.
“He could make a joke out of anything and for this we will always remember the laughter he brought to so many.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank everyone who has been in contact, wishing their condolences and sharing stories of Pete. It has made a devastating situation a little easier to cope with.”
Daughter Lauren posted on the Comet’s facebook page saying: “Dad, what can I say, you have been taken from me in the worst way. I love you so much and will always miss you, knowing i’ll never see you again just destroys me. Love you dad R.I.P.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
Peter’s other daughter Karla posted: “Dad can’t believe you have gone. I know you weren’t perfect, but you didn’t deserve to be taken in this sickening way. I know we weren’t as close as we could of been but that doesn’t mean I didn’t love you or care. RIP. Sleep well. Love you.”
Graham King, 35, from Harrow Court, Stevenage and John George Jamieson, also 35, from Wigram Way, Stevenage, have both been charged with murder.
They are due to appear at Stevenage Crown Court today.