Family funeral directors delighted to be coming to Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A 315-year-old family funeral directors says it is ‘delighted’ to be expanding into Letchworth.
Austin’s, which started trading in Graveley in 1700 and is still owned and operated by the Austin family, has taken the premises at 13 Leys Avenue formerly occupied by the Thorntons chocolates and Hallmark greetings cards shops.
Austin’s already has eight funeral arrangement branches throughout North and East Hertfordshire – including Stevenage, Hitchin and Knebworth – and owns and operates Harwood Park Crematorium.
Claire Austin, who heads up Austins funeral services, represents the 10th generation to take over the reins of the business after joining the firm in 1998.
She said: “We are absolutely delighted to have been given the opportunity, by the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation, to extend our services to the residents of Letchworth.”
You may also want to watch:
Heritage Foundation chief executive John Lewis said: “It’s great to see a new business in Letchworth and we wish them every success.”
No date has been set for the opening of the branch, but refurbishment of the premises is expected to start in the near future.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
For more information on the progress of the new Letchworth branch or find out more about the company visit www.austins.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.