Families see ‘wild’ side of Stevenage with fun day in the woods
- Credit: Archant
Families made the most of the sunny weather on Saturday when they enjoyed a day in the woods.
Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust’s held its annual Wild Woods Day in Monks Wood and Whomerley Wood in Stevenage at the weekend.
The day was packed with activities for families including willow weaving, den building, green woodworking, face painting and a native birds of prey display.
The trust’s communication manager Rebecca Taylor said: “We’re thrilled that so many people could turn up to support Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust’s annual Wild Woods event. It was great to see everybody having fun outdoors, learning about wildlife and enjoying nature.
“We’d like to thank Stevenage Borough Council for their support and for turning on the sunshine for our event.”
For more information about the charity visit www.hertswildlifetrust.org.uk.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 4 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 9 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 10 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'