Families enjoy bumper Biggleswade festive lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Families enjoyed a bumper Christmas fair and lights switch-on in Biggleswade’s Market Square on Friday.
Biggleswade Town Council upped the stakes for this year’s event which saw Santa pay a visit to chat to eager children.
There were fun fairground rides and ever popular games like hook-a-duck. Carols were sung by pupils from St Andrews C of E VC Lower School, Stratton Upper School, Lawnsdale Lower School, Ivel Valley School and Biggleswade Academy.
Biggleswade TAGS choir, Edward Peake Street Band the Stotfold Salvation Army band also put in spirited performances as did Biggleswade and District Choral Society.
The heartwarming show was closed with a performance by Biggleswade Amateur Dramatic Society. There were street food stalls and shop fronts were done up to mark the occasion as part of a special Christmas competition.
You may also want to watch:
To round off the show the lights were switched on by Santa and a couple of helpers.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright