Facebook tributes pour in for murdered Stevenage man
TRIBUTES have been pouring in for a Stevenage man who was murdered on Tuesday.
Mark Butler, of Burydale, died after sustaining a fatal stab wound following an incident inside a house in Bowcock Walk at around 4.30pm on Tuesday.
Friends of the 32-year-old, known to many for his DJ-ing talent, have set up a group on social networking site Facebook to remember Mark, which has already reached more than 300 members since its creation on Wednesday.
Writing on the wall of the group, named ‘R.I.P Mark Butler (It’s better to burn out than to fade away)’, Lex Lewis said: “I can’t believe this has happened mate! The world has lost someone great, sadly lost, but NEVER forgotten. R.I.P.”
Emma Clifford wrote: “Lovely guy, amazing dad and boy you could spin some tunes...remembering the good times. r.i.p darling. x.”
You may also want to watch:
Another friend of Mark’s, Ina Cogger, added: “Reading everything that’s been written about Mark I feel quite honoured to have known him. Just can’t believe he’s really gone. RIP Mark. xx.”
Two people from Stevenage have been arrested in connection with the murder.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
A 28-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning (Thursday) and a 35-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday evening.