FA Cup Special: Everton injury news
- Credit: Archant
Defensive duo could return in time for Stevenage game
Everton duo Sylvain Distin and Phil Jagielka could return from injury in time for the Toffees’ FA Cup match with Stevenage.
While full-back Leighton Baines is expected to be fit enough to face Norwich City this weekend in the Premier League, the defensive pair of Distin and Jagielka, both out with hamstring injuries, could be sidelined for a further two weeks according to Everton boss Roberto Martinez.
Martinez told Sky Sports: “Leighton Baines was just a back spasm and he is recovering as we expected so I don’t think he’s going to be too far from being able to train.
“Sylvain and Phil Jagielka both have got probably a period of between seven and 10 days, but I would say two weeks is the most realistic time.
You may also want to watch:
“But they are players who recover really well from these sorts of soft tissue injuries. They are not major problems.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years