FA Cup delight for goal hero Zoko
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage FA Cup goal hero Francois Zoko was happy with his two goals and a 2-1 win over Portsmouth this afternoon (Saturday), but felt his side’s performance could have been better.
The former Notts County and Carlisle frontman struck twice in the first half, with Pompey pulling one back in the second half through substitute David Connelly.
Speaking to the Comet, Zoko said afterwards: “It was a good win, difficult, but we can do better than this FA Cup game.
“It was not the performance we wanted, but we will learn.”
Portsmouth were reduced to 10 men early in the second half, when ex-Boro loanee Gavin Mahon was sent-off for elbowing Filipe Morais.
You may also want to watch:
After this, it was Pompey who had the momentum with Stevenage playing on the backfoot.
Zoko added: “The red card changed the game, they then played more football and became more aggressive, in the end we were a little bit scared, but it was a proper FA Cup game.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain