Explosive firework nights to dominate Comet country’s skyline
REMEMBER remember the 5th, 6th and 7th of November as plenty of cracking firework displays come to Comet country.
Fireworks will be crackling throughout the weekend to celebrate Guy Fawkes and the festivities kick off tonight (Friday) with a bang as Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage hosts a free display from 7.30pm.
Blueharts Hockey Club, based in Lucas Lane, Hitchin, will also be putting on an event this evening from 8pm, which includes a bonfire, music, fun fair rides and a barbecue.
Two football clubs will also be providing dazzling displays on bonfire night as Langley FC have a display at their ground in Langford Road, Henlow, from 7pm and Stotfold FC entertain with a bonfire from 7pm and more fireworks at 7.30pm at Roker Park.
Tomorrow (Saturday) sees more snap and crackle in Hitchin at Old Hale Way-based Strathmore School with the show starting from 7pm, while Ashwell School Parent Teacher Association have fireworks of their own from 6.30pm at Hinxworth Recreation Ground, Francis Road, Hinxworth.
You may also want to watch:
Another village school - Shillington Lower - promise a spectacular display from 5.30pm at Horn’s Pasture at the back of their Greenfields site while the White Hart Hotel’s offering in North Bridge Street, Shefford, starts at 8pm.
The weekend culminates with Letchworth Garden City and Baldock Lions Club’s firework display at 7pm.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
Held at Herts FA County Ground in Baldock Road, Letchworth GC, the evening will help raise money to the Garden House Hospice, Keech Hospice Care for Children and Sue Ryder Care.
For a comprehensive list of opening times, ticket prices and more for all the Guy Fawkes nights across the county click on the link at the top right of the page.