Everyone's a winner
AFTER a series of close matches, the Hitchin Town Ability Counts football team edged out The Comet in the inaugural North Herts Community Shield. The destination of the trophy was decided on Monday as the two teams lined up against each other in the sport
AFTER a series of close matches, the Hitchin Town Ability Counts football team edged out The Comet in the inaugural North Herts Community Shield.
The destination of the trophy was decided on Monday as the two teams lined up against each other in the sports hall at the Hitchin campus of North Hertfordshire College.
The first game went the way of The Comet, who won 5-3.
The Ability Counts team levelled things up in the second match, running out 9-7 winners; and there was only one goal between them in the final game which was won 2-1 by the Ability Counts team.
You may also want to watch:
After the match, medals and trophies were presented to the two teams.
In addition, Simon Botterill, the college's director of resources, presented a cheque of £607 to the football team.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
Of this, £507 was raised through a supported studies enterprise project in the form of a jewellery sale and a café project, and £100 was donated from the sports department.
The money will support the Ability Counts Team to go on a football tour.