Every resigns from board
Mick Every has resigned as a director at Stevenage Borough Football Club. Every, who joined the board of directors in 2002, offered his resignation after deciding he wants to devote more time to his other business interests and can t commit the kind of t
Mick Every has resigned as a director at Stevenage Borough Football Club.
Every, who joined the board of directors in 2002, offered his resignation after deciding he wants to devote more time to his other business interests and can't commit the kind of time he would want to as a director of the club.
Chairman Phil Wallace said last night: "Mick hasn't been to a game this season for personal reasons, so we've not had a lot of contact with him since last May to be honest."
Wallace paid tribute to the behind-the-scenes work Every has given to the club over the years and added the businessman would be welcome back at the club any time.
You may also want to watch:
"He was the main driver in establishing the School of Excellence scheme with Robbie O'Keefe a few seasons ago and did a lot to help the club move forwards, especially on the youth development side.
"He has wished us well and I hope we will continue to see him and his family at The Boro in the coming months.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation