Every resigns from board
Mick Every has resigned as a director at Stevenage Borough Football Club. Every, who joined the board of directors in 2002, offered his resignation after deciding he wants to devote more time to his other business interests and can t commit the kind of t
Mick Every has resigned as a director at Stevenage Borough Football Club.
Every, who joined the board of directors in 2002, offered his resignation after deciding he wants to devote more time to his other business interests and can't commit the kind of time he would want to as a director of the club.
Chairman Phil Wallace said last night: "Mick hasn't been to a game this season for personal reasons, so we've not had a lot of contact with him since last May to be honest."
Wallace paid tribute to the behind-the-scenes work Every has given to the club over the years and added the businessman would be welcome back at the club any time.
"He was the main driver in establishing the School of Excellence scheme with Robbie O'Keefe a few seasons ago and did a lot to help the club move forwards, especially on the youth development side.
"He has wished us well and I hope we will continue to see him and his family at The Boro in the coming months.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000