Everton defender talks about horror injury
- Credit: Archant
Bryan Oviedo suffered a double leg fracture against Stevenage in the FA Cup
Bryan Oviedo has spoken about his double leg break at Stevenage on Saturday.
The Costa Rica international was injured in a challenge involving Simon Heslop in Saturday’s game, and after being stretchered off and being taken to hospital he underwent surgery on Monday evening.
Speaking to the Everton club website, Oviedo said: ““Ever since it happened, I’ve been thinking about the World Cup. I have to remain calm but, in the hands of God, I will be ready for it.
“It was an accident and part of my job. I could make a similar challenge 100 times and nothing would go wrong - but these things happen.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very hard. I felt a shudder go through my entire body, turned round to look at my leg and saw it distorted. Kevin Mirallas came over to calm me down but he was in tears. I knew then that something was seriously wrong.
“I have tried to stay strong and positive but I don’t want to watch the video of the incident. I don’t think I will ever want to see it.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV