Everton cup draw delight for Boro Liverpool-born ace Tansey
- Credit: Archant
LIVERPOOL-born Stevenage midfielder Greg Tansey is hoping to achieve a boyhood dream by playing at Goodison Park.
Boro have been drawn against Roberto Martinez’s Everton in the second round of The Capital One Cup giving the 24-year-old the chance to return to Merseyside and face the team his family supports.
Tansey, who signed for Stevenage in May 2012, told The Comet: “It [the cup draw] couldn’t have gone any better really, my family is Evertonian through and through as far as I can remember.
“It’s a good draw for the club more importantly, it’s just another game.
“It will be good for my friends and family to see me play at Everton.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never played at Goodison before competitively, it’s something I’ve always dreamt of really so it’s going to be an enjoyable night I just can’t wait to play there.”
The match will take place the week beginning August 26.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal